Saturday, August 21, 2010

Little Buddy

Having Deklan here has been great. First thing this boy noticed was that things weren't really normal this week. Mom and Dad weren't here so Grandma and I hung out. I didn't have to sleep in my bedroom; Grandma and I had a slumber party instead. I didn't have to take a nap, either. Then, I got to visit Mommy and Daddy at the hospital and see baby Deklan. He is little, but cute! When I was there I got a milkshake. Grandma and Papaw gave me a golf club set to play with, Grandma B gave me an official Woody cowboy hat, then Emmy brought me a Colts sippy. If getting a new brother means getting all kinds of thoughtful gifts from my loved ones then I am totally up for my parents having more of them! The next day was a little bit of a bummer. I was missing my parents and battling a touch of the fever. Sadly, I didn't get to see brother until Friday. When I did I got another milkshake, some tools from Owi, Spillmans brought me a Woody Buzz plate to eat some tasty cake on, and my neighbors gave me a cool train whistle. Then, when Deklan came home he brought me my very own basketball hoop. He's a keeper! Seriously, this being a big brother stuff is awesome!
Even better than all of the nice stuff people have given me is having my baby Deklan home with me. I love to cuddle, snuggle, and kiss him. I also help Mommy with his dirty diapers by throwing them away in the trash for her. Mom can't quit telling me what a great big brother and helper I am.
Deklan cries pretty often and he is really loud when he does. I started mocking him today. I do a really great impression of him! When he was getting a little fussy I walked over to him and said (repeatedly) "come on buddy". Mom and Dad thought it was adorable. Many times I just like to lay my head on his. He is a sweety. Deklan has been sleeping a lot which has given me some good time to play with Mommy and Daddy. I think we're all adjusting nicely so far. If only we could figure out our bedtime routine as that's something I have been struggling with so far. The crib is just too easy to climb out of.
I am loving this new adventure and can't wait to see what lies ahead and get to know my new little buddy. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment