Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fun in the kitchen...

You would think that a two week absence would be the mark of lots of stuff going on to keep me busy. I wish I could say that was the case or that I had been gone because I was traveling or something fun like that. In truth, Mom just got busy with everyday type stuff and my blog paid the price. So sorry!
As mentioned, I haven't been up to much of anything. I have been doing the normal boy stuff: playing, swimming, running around, jumping off of things, and showing my little brother who is boss. It has been a lot of fun, but there aren't many pictures to accompany those events. Well, there are a couple, and they are below.
One surprise was that Daddy came with us to the big pool recently. I slid down the slide and jumped into Dad's arms. My water wings helped me stay afloat until I have this swimming thing down. I like jumping in and making a splash better than kicking my legs and wildly moving my arms, anyhow.
 



Last weekend I went camping for the first time. If you know my parents then you'll know that "roughing it" in a tent, on the hard ground, in the elements isn't their idea of a good time. So, we went camping on the air mattress on our living room floor. I thought it was a blast; I got to use my new Buzz sleeping bag and I curled up next to Daddy for the night. It was great and I look forward to camping again soon.

We celebrated a couple of birthdays last week, too. My little friend, Andrew, turned one so we partied it up with him one afternoon. I had 3 tasty cookie-pops as my way of saying happy birthday. In the same vain, I helped Mom bake Uncle E birthday cupcakes for his big day. She let me do the mixing, but the best part was enjoying the fruits of my labor: the batter!


I hope you are staying cool on the HOT HOT HOT summer days!

No comments:

Post a Comment